Are you Inspired?
“LIFE CHANGING EXPERIENCE”
VOLUNTEERS needed for
MDJunior: Global Medical–Mentor Mission to Honduras, Central America
Spring Break – April 1-7, 2013
Described as a “Life Changing Experience” by previous High School attendees, this is an opportunity to join the MDJunior Global Medical-Mentor Mission to Honduras with High / Middle School Students and Healthcare Professionals in Spring Break 2013.
“MDJunior” is a student led 501 ©3 Non-Profit Leadership Society, which ‘Inspires Selfless Service through Mentorship’. It focuses on local and global initiatives via its Chapters – bringing together health care professionals with middle & high school students, to build a mentoring relationship – all with a special focus on underserved communities.
Honduras is one of the poorest countries in the western hemisphere. Most families in the Mission area live on less than $1 a day and have no access to medical care within their community i.e., have never seen a doctor outside such Missions.
- With – Sociedad Amigos de los Ninos
- What – Medical & Public Health Camps in Rural SW Honduras – Curative Medical Clinics and Preventive Public Health work
- When – 1 week (6 days) Apr 1-7, 2013
- Who – Middle/High School Students & Healthcare Professionals working along with counterparts from Honduras
- Where – El Paraiso, Honduras, Central America
- Nearest Airport – Tegucigalpa (Capital of Honduras). A 3hrs direct flight from Atlanta
- Lodging & Food – Private Housing Compound, with park / playgrounds, Cafeteria food included
- Check out our previous trips at;
- – MDJunior Facebook Page [ www.facebook.com/MDjr.org ]
- – #MDJunior Blog
Details of Volunteers - Healthcare Professionals: (limited vacancies still open)
- Physicians of all Specialties (incl Internists, Dermatologists)
- Nurses and other health care personnel
- Pharmacy specialists
- All other healthcare professionals
Details of Volunteers - Students: (limited vacancies still open)
- Limited number of vacancies still open for students (15+ yrs)
- Great opportunity to practice your Spanish speaking skills
- Community Volunteers / Chaperones are welcome
Donations / Cost: (All tax-exempt)
- Inspire & Change Lives - We need donations for medicines, supplies for the Orphange we’re working with in Honduras.
- Cost Per Person: $600 for healthcare professionals and $900 for all others. Does not include air-fare.
- Donate $1600 to empower a teenager for this Life Changing Experience; ~40K Delta SkyMiles gets a round trip ATL-Honduras
Contacts: (Registration is now open)
© MDJunior 2013